Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Flip-Flop Love: Reef


That's one happy foot!

One thing that will quickly end a sight-seeing trip is uncomfortable footwear. I should've known not to buy a brand new pair of shoes before such a trip, but alas, I didn't understand the dangers and my poor feet ended up paying the price. Luckily I had some super comfortable Reef flip-flops to right my wrong, which is certainly worth a thank-you note.

Hello Reef-
Before my last trip to Washington DC, I bought some so-called walking shoes (from a company who shall remain nameless) to get me in and around all of the sights I wanted to visit in our nation's capital. These shoes had seemed comfortable in the store, so I was worry-free when I headed out to the National Mall. As I walked down Massachusetts Avenue, past all of the embassies, I had some foot discomfort but thought my shoes just needed time to be broken in. Oh, how wrong I was. By the time I got to the mall, my feet were aching and rubbed raw. I turned around and returned to my friend's house. When I got back, I pulled off my shoes to find several blisters on my chewed-up feet. Ouch! This was my first day! How was I to explore the other sights I wanted to see? Luckily, I had packed my Reef flip-flops. I put them on immediately, and felt like I was walking on clouds. The soles were so soft and cushy and there was no rubbing anywhere. What relief! I managed to walk all around to the various museums, shops, and government buildings I wanted to see.
Thanks for making such fantastically comfortable flip-flops!

No comments:

Post a Comment