Monday, January 23, 2012

Copy Shop Love: FedEx Office (aka Kinko's)



What's a person to do when she finds herself in need of printing and binding late on a Friday night? It's FedEx Office (formerly known as Kinko's, then FedEx Kinko's) to the rescue! I think it's nice to recognize people who go above and beyond to help, especially late on a Friday, and specifically when their job probably isn't their dream career.

Dear FedEx Office,
You need to know about an excellent experience I had with one of your employees. Last Friday night, I was busy preparing printed material for an international company sales trip the next morning. I was told by my boss that our company has a certain type of binding machine but when I went to look for it at 9pm, it was nowhere to be found. Panic! My co-workers were leaving in less than 12 hours and I HAD to get my papers bound. What was I to do? I quickly checked the hours of my local FedEx Office and, relief!, they were open until 11! 
When I arrived, the very friendly sales associate, Molly, was happy to help. She asked when I needed the binding done. Sheepishly, I said, "Tonight?" Molly looked at the clock and said, "We usually ask for a four hour window, but I can make an exception." Elated, I nearly jumped across the desk to hug her, but I restrained myself and instead thanked her profusely. She was able to quickly finish the binding and I sent my co-workers on their way. Molly saved the day! Give that girl a raise!

They responded:

Dear Amy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us of your experience. It is always good to hear from customers who received great service.
At FedEx Office we strive to care for all customers in a professional and prompt manner. I am glad that we met these expectations at this time.
Your patronage of FedEx Office is appreciated, and I hope we can continue to be of service. 
Thank you again for contacting us.
Becky
FedEx Office Customer Relations

No comments:

Post a Comment